An Ocean Freight Sales Executive is required for an international Freight Forwarder. Based out of their site in Essex the package is flexible dependant on experience, it will include a basic salary of between £25,000 and £40,000 p.a. plus benefits including a very generous commission structure and a company car.
This role is within a global supplier of Ocean and Air Freight services.
The role of the Ocean Freight Sales Executive is to win new business and work to agreed budget targets and also work as an integral part of the Sales Team with responsibility for generating new business opportunities and account management that will produce desired revenue goals.
Main Responsibilities –
- Actively promote and develop business within the south east region.
- Complete sales reports; manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in our CRM system.
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the defined company format.
- Find new business opportunities with a growing need for Sea Freight operations.
- Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Achieve agreed or given targets/deadlines as directed by the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times to enhance company profile.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of competition and market place activity, reporting back any trends or developments.
We are ideally looking for a hungry, passionate, hardworking, self-starter who has a good understanding of the Ocean Freight industry with strong closing skills. Key skills required are as follows:
- A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges you to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Excellent processing & time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Driving success via using initiative, determination & persistence.
- Possess a full driving license.